17 January 2012

So it begins!

2012 is off to a shakey start. After much hemming and hawing I've decided that one of my new year's resolutions would be to stop looking at my iphone every 2 minutes. The result is that I'm kinda bored...my mind is wandering and asking questions that will never be ansered by the all mighty iphone. So to keep me busy I thought trying to keep a blog (yet again) might help with so called iphone addiction.
     For my birthday last year I got a Zojirushi Bread Machine. I feel in love with the idea of making my own bread and after going over the options on Amazon over and over again I ended up with the Zojirushi. But I soon found out that the 2lb bread loaf pan was much bigger than many of the recipes out there. Sure you can adjust measurements and what not but did you know bread is very picky? It is. And my bread machine seems to be picky too. And the yeast is picky. As is the flour and the weather and even me. So with all these variables I found my bread turning, well, meh. So I'm here to document my experiments with my bread machine. For most people I believe they will go about their lives with ease, never struggling with their Zoji, but maybe, just maybe there is some folks out there who might have the same questions as me.
     As I mentioned, I got the bread machine last year and there have been many failures since and a couple of hits. Just yesterday I made Amish Bread which turned out pretty gosh darn good for me. But I hadn't yet had this idea of this blog so you'll find no documents of this past success. And I'm all out of bread flour so I'll have to wait before I try again but I promise I'll update soon with a recipe for the Amish bread just for the Zojirushi bread machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment